We love Melissa Clark. And Melissa Clark loves lemon, anchovies, garlic, capers, and chile flakes. Though not all chronicled here, we’ve made enough of her recipes to know these are her go-to pantry ingredients (see Salmon with Anchovy Butter, Fried Lemon Pasta, Seared Lamb Chops). And when a couple, or all, of these elements are combined, they do make for an incredibly quick, simple, and flavorful dinner. This chicken dish is so easy to make it’s almost shockingly delicious. Boring old boneless, skinless chicken thighs are transformed into succulent, tangy, salty, addicting goodness. Enjoy with a hunk of bread to sop up all that amazing pan sauce and you’ll be overwhelmingly satisfied.
Checkout Melissa’s recipe for video instruction!
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 6 garlic cloves (5 smashed and peeled, 1 minced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 2 TBS drained capers
- 1 large pinch chile flakes
- 1 lemon, halved
- freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F. Season chicken thighs with salt n’ peppa.
- Prep garlic, anchovies, and capers. Heat a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, then add the oil, smashed garlic cloves, anchovies, capers, and chile flakes. Let cook for 3-5 minutes, until garlic has browned around the edges. Stir with a wooden spoon to break up the anchovies (they will disintegrate).
- Add the chicken thighs and cook until nicely browned on one side, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip the chicken, place the pan in the oven and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- When chicken is done, remove from the oven. Transfer chicken to a plate and return the skillet to the stove on medium heat. Add the minced garlic and lemon juice and cook for 30 seconds. Return the chicken to the skillet and garnish with parsley.
Details: Serves 2-4 (maybe Luke and I we were just really hungry but we each had at least 2 chicken thighs)