Melissa Clark is one of our cooking idols. She’s just so likable in her NYT videos!! Luke proudly has run into her two times to and from Prospect Park (stalker…). This recipe is one of the first of Melissa’s that we tried out. It’s so simple and delicious it has become a staple. Make sure to get a baguette because as Melissa says, “Anchovy butter is good on EVERYTHING.” Very essential to spread some extra anchovy butter on a slice of bread.
- 3-4 TBS butter, softened
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt + pepper
- 2-4 skin on salmon fillets (6-8 oz each, number depending on how many peeps you’re trying to feed! one fillet per person)
- 2 TBS drained and dried capers
- 1/2 lemon
- Heat oven to 400°F. In a small bowl (or mortar and pestle) mash together butter, anchovies, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- In a large oven proof skillet (cast iron pan!) melt half of anchovy butter. Add fish, skin side down. Cook for 3 minutes over high heat to brown skin, spooning melted butter over the top of the fish. Add capers to bottom of pan and transfer to oven. Roast until fish is cooked through, 8-10 min.
- Remove pan from oven and add remaining butter to pan to melt. Squeeze some lemon juice on top. Garnish with parsley if you’d like! And as mentioned above, a baguette is a nice edition to dip in the anchovy butter – mmmmm!
Details: As mentioned in ingredients, this recipe serves 2-4. You can easily increase the portion size by cooking more fillets and mixing up a bit more butter!
To print the recipe, click here: Salmon + Anchovy butter